Sunday, May 24, 2009

Panago - Restaurant pizza for delivery!

I've always walked by Panago on 1 Gerrard St. (Bay and Gerrard) just like the 50,000 other pizza joints I see on the streets without thinking too much about it. But this one stormy night during exams, I was craving for pizza because my fridge was empty and wanted restaurant quality ones to be delivered right to my doorstep. Edwin's always been a huge advocate for Panago, so we decided to give this place a try.


We ordered Primo Veggie ($14.50 medium, left) with Pesto sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, baby spinach, red peppers, caramelized onions, roasted garlic and formmagio blend+mozarella on thin crust whole wheat (yes, I know it can't get an healthier than this), while Edwin had The Mediterranean ($13.75 Medium) with Fresh passata tomato sauce, beef, red onions, tomatoes, feta+mozarella on hand tossed crust. Every pizza comes with a free sauce/shaker, so we had Ranch sauce and chilli shaker. Delivery was $2. No price variations for different crusts.

The pizza came in 40min nice and warm. I had little expectation for the Mediterranean beucase the toppings didn't sound exciting. To my surprise, I liked it a lot more than the one I picked. The veggie one was loaded with toppings but didn't have much of a kick in flavours but thankfully I had my chilli shaker to spice things up with. On the other hand, the other pizza had chunks of oregano scented diced tomatoes that gave the pizza texture and sense of freshness, while the beef had a hint of cumin/chilli in it and was very juicy. The hand-tossed crust was soft on the inside and crispy on the edges - none of that cardboard Pizza Pizza uses for their creations.

Overall, it was the best take-out pizza experience I've had. If I were to order for delivery again, I'd definitely go with Panago.

No comments:

Post a Comment