Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dufflet Pastries

Dufflet Patries is one of the more famous dessert places in Toronto with several locations (details at www.dufflet.com). I went to the one on 787 Queen St. after my Terroni's meal. It's a small shop with 3 little tables and a high table along the window. However, they had a big selection of cakes and pastries that left me drooling in indecisiveness for quite awhile. Finally my friend and I decided to go with The Mixed Fruit Pie. It had blueberry, Apple, Rhubarb and maybe some other fruits in it and I really liked it. It wasn't overly sweet, and there was tinge of sourness from the berries and rhubarb that I liked. But my friends weren't feeling the sourness too much and vouched for the Chocolate Mousse cake. The chocolate was really smooth and not overly sugary, which went very nicely with our coffees and cappucino. They only cut one cheese cake at a time. I can't remember exactly what the name of it was, but it definitely wasn't too creamy and very smooth, one of the better cheesecakes I've had around the downtown area. The pieces weren't expensive, around $3.75 a slice. If it wasn't so far from where I live I'd probably be indulging in this guilty pleasure a lot more frequently....

No comments:

Post a Comment